Sunday, January 18, 2004

:: grumble ::

In the past few weeks, as I have mentioned, I have been entertaining the thought of starting a photography business on the side... of course, to do that, I'd have to get a new camera, as my trusty camera only gives me 1 megapixel on a good day. I've been comparison shopping and have found the camera I want (I've been drooling over it, actually.)

I have been carefully scouring all the different companies and looking for the best deals. I was very proud that I was actually going to get the most for my money and get exactly what I wanted, so I am shocked and embarrassed to say that I nearly got scammed. I looked on E-Bay and found one that was starting out pretty low, so I thought I would give it a try (even though I originally hadn't planned to actually get this for another couple of weeks.) Let this be a warning... READ THE FINE PRINT FOLKS. I was so busy reading over all the specs on the right side of the very long-winded description that I missed the fine print on the left. It said "you are not actually bidding on a camera, but a link to where you can get this camera cheap." I, luckily, was outbid twice and hadn't bid again (though I was planning to.) I am eternally grateful to those kind folks who e-mailed the warning to me. I, in turn, emailed everyone who bid on this to warn them too (including the poor soul who is winning right now.)

So, if you are in the market for a digital camera (or anything really) PLEASE read all the fine print before you buy on E-Bay.