Thursday, January 22, 2004

Yesterday

Yesterday was an interesting day. It started out slow...Ex. B has owed me a literature assignment for a couple weeks (and that is being generous.) He was to read a book, then discuss it with me and sit down and write for 30 minutes. Not hard, eh? It is when I hear "I thought I did it already and gave it to youuuuuuu." So, I told him, well just sit down and do it again then (I know.. I got up early one morning with the sole purpose of deleting his work. Not all his assignments.. just that one ::winkwinkwink ::) Anyway, he started to write a few days ago, but "couldn't." Plan B? Then *READ* the book again. Great, but he couldn't find the book. (That was his plan C.) Anyway, I found the book a day ago and finally said.. "Today is the day. He will do this or else."

Wouldn't you know, yesterday he said, "I can't find the book!!!" (Guess he found a new hiding place for it.) I lost it and came this close to listing HIM on E-Bay (Start low... no reserve... maybe even buy it now.) I even offered to give him to two friends. No takers. (Gee, thanks Joyce :) LOL) After a stern look from me and a threat of loss of his privileges (i.e. video games, TV, etc.), the book suddenly appeared. After a bit of whining, he started to read. And then it happened. ..."Uh, mom, can I take notes from the book?" THE LIGHTBULB FINALLY CAME ON!

Believe it or not, the day went uphill from there and he sat there and actually READ the whole book in one day! I told him.. see? "You CAN do this. You just made up for weeks of loafing in ONE DAY. Imagine what you could do if you quit loafing around." His response? "I'll sit down and write now."

It was a good day.