Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Movies

I don't go to the movies often. There were two I really wanted to see, but never did get there. One was out on video finally, so I got it a few weeks ago: Second-Hand Lions. I cannot stress enough what a great movie this is. The story alone is engaging, but then you add the cast and oh my! I absolutely love Robert Duvall and his character brings Gus to life yet again. (I see Gus in about every character he plays now, but this one really clinches it.) Michael Caine is wonderful, too, as the more sedate of the two crazy old men. Haley Joel Osment shines yet again. The boys didn't want to watch this one at first because well... I picked it and my youngest whined, "chickkkkkkkkk flickkkkkkkk." However, they were pleasantly surprised and so was I (they actually loved something I picked.) We all laughed, I sniffled, and we all thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Three thumbs up.

Oh, and the other? Master and Commander. I'm gonna go pick that up, probably tomorrow. Stay tuned.