Friday, November 05, 2004

Curiouser and curiouser.

The other day, my friend messaged me and told me another friend of ours had seen this icon on the coffee table next to where President Bush was sitting. She told me, "So 'Mom' has taken care of us twice now." "Twice?", I asked. She was floored that I didn't know this story.

It seems Jeb and his wife went to Mexico City in the midst of all the hanging chad and pregnant chad stuff and consecrated a Bush presidency to OLOG. Wouldn't you know it, on December 12 (wow) the decision was finally made that Bush was our president. You can read about it here.

And now I have to say.. what's up with Kerry carrying all those good luck charms in a brief case, indian corn given him by a medicine man, lucky clovers, lucky shirts, Springsteen's guitar pick, etc.?? A Catholic carrying all that stuff around for luck in the election and a Protestant with an icon of Mary. Who'dhave thunk?

Now that Bush is president, we need to keep praying for him.