Monday, January 05, 2004

I have the "cruds" today

I wish I had something inspirational to write, an interesting tidbit to "uh... borrow.." from another site/blog, or even a cute picture to upload.

Truth is, I'm sitting here for the 3rd day in a row, feeling miserable. Everyone around me is the same. Everyone in Mass yesterday was sniffling and most of us had red eyes. I look like a toad (no, really!) This morning, I woke up with a sore throat and am getting hoarse. Arrgh. The kids should be glad if I lose my voice.. of course, I'll have to resort to nagging them with a notepad and pencil (underlining a sentence is YELLING.) Ok enough whining. The Benadryl is kicking in..

Last night, it finally got cold, though not freezing. At least it is starting to feel like January.

Today, we start to get back into our routine.. work is picking up again... the kids have to get back to their books. Piano lessons resume.. Boy Scouts..Youth group.... Hopefully, by this Fall, I'll have an Eagle Scout! We'll be busy, but that's a good thing. Keeps us out of trouble.

I haven't gone to visit "Em" since just before Christmas and I really need to do that.. (I'll have to import my Upsaid blog, so that more of my posts make sense.) One of our plans with the scouts this year is to visit the nursing homes more often. The last time we went, the boys finally got to "meet" her. She smiled as I talked to her. The kids didn't act "creeped out," even seeing a person in that condition, so I feel it was a victory of sorts. I want them to not get "creeped out" by nursing homes. I know it isn't easy. It took me a while. I know several of the people there now and look forward to visiting them.

Well, better go get my day started, it's gonna be a full one.