Wednesday, January 28, 2004

War and peace

Yesterday, I declared war on my bank and then later gave them a "peace" of my mind. It was a just war, brought about by complete incompetence on their part. I checked my balance yesterday and saw it was mighty low. I started to worry, knowing my car insurance and several checks still needed to clear. I knew my balance should have been much higher and it worried the heck out of me..then I saw... they didn't credit a deposit I had made on Monday. I called them (luckily I could find the receipt.. I normally just drop them in the shredder.) After being put on hold several times while they investigated, they finally told me that they had not credited a batch of lot of people's deposits for whatever reason. But get this. She asked, "Do you need the money right away?" My jaw dropped and I told her, "Uh. Yes. That's why I deposited it." I was equally floored when she asked, "Okay how much of it do you need, so we can go ahead and credit it." My shocked reply, "All of it?" I didn't know I was applying for a loan. My only regret is that I didn't say, "Oh, a couple thousand would be fine, thank you." :)

Anyway, alls well that ends well. My money did get credited. All my checks came through with flying colors, right on schedule. I now know my bank needs to be watched like a hawk.

Speaking of war... I hear the Curt Jester and Domestic Church have been involved in a few skirmishes of their own. ... and no one invited me. I'll sit down and see if I can come up with a few literary hand-granades of my own and maybe I might also be made worthy.