Saturday, May 22, 2004

WHAT was that????

It's been a running joke around here how a friend of mine sometimes misunderstands what I say. There have been two instances that we still laugh about. I said "please get out of my light" (the child was hovering behind me and I couldn't read something. My friend was shocked because she heard "please get out of my life." Another time, I said that a certain plant was "like mint...you can't get rid of them." This time she just shook her head because she heard "like men... you can't get rid of them."

Anyway the point of all this is the other day I finally got tired of looking at a broken tile we had, which I had meant to fix for the longest time. I finally got to it and said aloud, "This tile has been annoying me for the longest time." My son called out from the kitchen.."This child has been annoying you for the longest time? Gee, Sorry Mom."