Wednesday, March 30, 2005

still praying

What faith the Schindlers have! We must all keep praying.

I looked back over my blog and it is almost April. I can't believe I've let the blogging go off track as much as I have.

So, what have we been doing all this time? Well, I've been working on keeping a job I don't care for but still need. I've been working on plan B and plan C (the photo gigs and transcribing notes for a local therapist)... we've been struggling along with school and the boys have spent time with their dad. He recently came back for a visit, but has extended his stint overseas. He's gone again now.

We've spent the last month or two before Palm Sunday working tirelessly on a production the youth group presented to our Parish. Everyone loved it!

and.... drumroll... my oldest is now driving. Pray for us! He got his permit last week, after much red tape and tears of frustration. I forgot how much trouble it was getting a permit (or DID i ever have so much trouble?) We made 5 trips before he got it... standing in line for about 2 hours twice only to get to the front and find out we either didn't have all our papers, or they said we needed additional papers. We then said that was no good, let's go to the next town over. Sure enough, the line was short and this time the clerks were nice, but we needed to test at the office in our city. So, thinking maybe 4 times would be the charm, we went down again with all our papers in hand and feeling really confident. All the papers were fine and we were set to have Ex A take his test. Whoops! They had no testing material for him. He was not on record! I was crushed (more than my son). It seemed after much backtracking that his papers had been sent to the next town (in the other direction). So, 5 times was the charm as we hopped in the car and flew over to DPS. The drive over, short wait in line, and drive back (after he passed the written test) was shorter than standing in line in our city. Go figure! Anyway, long story short, my son is now eager to drive me to HEB, to Walmart, to Church.. anywhere :)