Saturday, January 31, 2004

Class reunions

I have just begun to hear mumbling about my class's 20th reunion. I have mixed feelings about this. I want to go, but I don't. I'm curious about seeing some of my old friends. Then again, I have lost touch with so many of them that I don't even know them anymore. The few people I do see around town are enough. I'm not the same person I was 20 years ago and yet in so many ways I am. (Does that make ANY sense?) I'm sure the same applies to all of them. Anyway ::taking another swig of coffee:: I guess I will go. It's not like I have to travel. It's going to be right here in town. Now...the other issue.... man, I really gotta lose weight in the next uh.. uh... 4 months? LOL.

Then I start to think about the boys. They won't have a class reunion to go to. However, they have several close friends that I know they will stay in touch with (or at least I hope they will.) So, they won't have been tossed in with a assorted mix of kids that they will forget (or want to forget) and only see in another 10 or 20 years (and feel the need to lose weight before they see them.) So I guess they are ahead of me if only in that regard.