Thursday, January 29, 2004

A little more

I found this at Catholics For Bush: When it comes to moral decisions we as Catholics must be informed by the Church teachings. As the Vatican's recent Doctrinal Note stated regarding our duty in voting, "a well-formed Christian conscience does not permit one to vote for a political program or an individual law which contradicts the fundamental contents of faith and morals." (CDF.CP) The priorities set forth by the Vatican of great importance in current political environment.

That pretty much says it all for me. I simply offer The Catechism of the Catholic Church. sections 2270-2279 to Catholics (or anyone else) who would consider voting for Dean (or pretty much any of the Democrats.) At 37, I am no philosophy major or major in anything, in fact, but I am *STILL* working on it (maybe by the time I'm 40??) That said, I pray that I am never so "educated" that I can rationalize away the evil of abortion or euthanasia (i.e. Terry Schiavo) or rationalize supporting those who support it.