Friday, May 28, 2004

random thoughts

Im sitting here at 2-something a.m. with insomnia again.

I am worried about the new job (just separation-anxiety, I guess.) That said, people who know me will agree that I worry if I don't have something to worry about. I know everything will work out, but I've been with my current company for 15 years (actually would have been 15 years in about 3 weeks.) I always figured I'd retire there. It's just bittersweet, I guess. I know that in a few months, I'll look back and chuckle at how I feel right now.

Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, the upside is that this Sunday will be my LAST Sunday having to work. That alone is a plus. I had to take the Sunday schedule as a compromise to get off the night shift, which was REALLY not working out for us.

I finally read more of the blogs on my sidebar. I don't always get to most of them, just 4 or 5 of them. I see that Kolbi has a cousin in the Army who is in Bagdad. So do I (found out a month or two ago)... and my uncle might be over there soon too (a reservist.) Pray for our cousins and all our soldiers over there.

I'm working on a website for the local taskforce trying to put a stop to the building of this abortion clinic. We had a meeting on Tuesday and there were a LOT of people there. Good to see the community pulling together like this.